List All Jobs
Non-Certified Staff - Job Details
Evening Custodian at Corydon Central Junior High School
Starting salary $11.93 an hour
Full time with benefits
261 day position, 40 hours a week working- Monday through Friday -
All employees must complete a nationwide criminal history
High school diploma or equivalent. Must possess skills and physical abilities necessary for maintaining a clean and safe building. The physical requirements include stooping, bending, reaching, walking, lifting and climbing on ladders.
1. Provide a safe and clean environment that fosters students’ learning and activities. In order for this to be accomplished, all employees must work together as a team. Although individual assignments may be given, the appearance of the entire facility reflects on the custodial staff - both individually and jointly.
2. Clean all classrooms, corridors, stairwells and other auxiliary areas daily. This includes dusting of furniture and window coverings, disposing of garbage and the cleaning of blackboards and/or whiteboards. Generally, all surfaces should be thoroughly cleaned daily.
3. Dust, sweep, vacuum, mop and buff floors as needed, at least daily.
4. Clean and sterilize restroom fixtures, partitions, floors, walls and mirrors daily. Replace soap, paper towels and toilet paper daily. Restrooms should be refreshed throughout the school day and immediately before extra-curricular functions.
5. Clean and polish water fountains daily.
6. Dust shelving and clean glass on all trophy cases weekly.
7. Clean gymnasium floors, bleachers and concession areas as directed.
8. Summer cleaning of all rooms and hallways from floor to ceiling, including furnishings.
9. Wash windows and clean windowsills as needed. Front entrance doors should be washed daily.
10. Scrub, strip and wax floors as needed.
11. Replace light bulbs and fluorescent tubes as needed each day. If assistance is needed from the maintenance department, please report the need via work order.
12. Maintain and clean the grounds outside the building. This includes the landscaped areas. Efforts should be made to maintain an excellent appearance of the facility at all times.
13. Sweep exterior walks and lots as needed.
14. Set up tables, chairs and other articles for meetings, games and other events.
15. Report any damages of school property to the Building Principal and/or maintenance personnel immediately. If neither of these individuals is available, contact the Office of the Superintendent at the Administrative Center.
16. Receive deliveries and store items in designated areas or as directed by the Building Principal.
17. Know the location and proper use of all fire equipment.
18. Secure all classrooms and buildings, including locking windows and doors and checking for fire hazards.
19. Report any heating/cooling problems immediately. Problems arising in the evenings are to be reported to one of the maintenance personnel at their home.
20. Clean all tools and equipment after use and store in their proper location.
21. Comply will all reasonable oral or written directives of the Building Principal or the Office of the Superintendent.
Apply to Job